Established in 1997, Portland-based specialty tea company, The Tao of Tea, is hiring Servers for its teahouses. We operate two teahouses— one located inside the Lan Su Chinese Garden and the second on Southeast Belmont Street.
The candidate will be responsible for creating an exceptional guest experience, food and tea prep, teahouse cleanliness and cash handling. The Servers report to the Teahouse Manager. We are looking for an inspired candidate who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and is interested to learn about specialty tea.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: For the safety of our staff and guests, we are requiring all staff to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Candidates must be fully vaccinated by their hire date. ‘Fully vaccinated’ means 2 shots of either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or 1 shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine – plus 2 weeks after the final shot.
• Follow service standards, including excellent work ethic and outstanding customer service
• Work in teahouse regularly with service, hosting, food and tea prep, dishwashing, and cash handling
• Maintain exemplary cleanliness standards throughout the teahouse
• Assist with stocking and resupply of food and supplies
• Ensure that all drink and food preparation procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and safety
• Attend ongoing training and maintain knowledge of specialty teas
• Assist with light administrative duties as delegated by the Manager
• Other duties as assigned
• Familiarize oneself with the company and the Employee Handbook
• Adhere to company dress code
• Get to know fellow staff members, developing trust, establishing credibility, encouraging teamwork, and creating an atmosphere of open, honest, two-way communication
• Maintain a high level of professionalism in manner and appearance
• Minimum 2 years restaurant experience
• Excellent customer service and effective teamwork skills
• Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
– Tea experience is preferred
Compensation & Schedule
• Wage: $14.25/hour (plus tips) to start
• This is a full-time, hourly position with 35-40 hours per week. Shifts are typically 8 hours
— Employee discounts for product.
— paid sick time
For more information on the company, visit www.taooftea.com
Apply with cover letter and resume to INFO@TAOOFTEA.COM